Bangladesh Health Watch (BHW), a multi-stakeholder civil society advocacy and monitoring network dedicated to improve the health system in Bangladesh through critical review of policies and programmes and recommendation of appropriate actions for change.
It was initiated in 2006 aiming to improve health of the people by way of monitoring progress in the health of the population and health systems, and playing a catalytic role in making lasting changes in the health sector. A Working Group consisting of researchers and activists from different organizations carry out the different activities for the Watch.
Universal Health Coverage is ensured for all citizens of Bangladesh.
Building a functional platform through which citizens and all other relevant stakeholders of the country can get their voices heard and thereby influence policies and programmes impacting citizen's health.
- To create a platform for drawing in the voices of citizens and other stakeholders to voice their concerns on critical public health issues.
- To help generate new evidence for changing policies and practices.
- To disseminate latest research.
- To actively engage with GoB and other interested parties in formulating and changing policies in light of evidence.
- To develop technology-based mechanisms for collecting feedback for optimal delivery of health care services.