With funds from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) BHW started a three-year project since December 1, 2019 – December 31, 2022 titled `Making Bangladesh’s Healthcare Systems More Responsive and Participatory’. In this project, short course for duty bearers is being conducted in 2021 and 2022.
Courses to be conducted under this project are:
- The course was designed for healthcare practitioners, programme/policy planners and managers in government, NGO, private sector.
- After that a 3 month implementation of the Service Delivery Improvement Project (SDIP) will be carried out starting from January 2022.
- Participants will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
The first short course was conducted from 13th- 29th December 2021. This course focused on 'Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC)'.
Course Materials:About the course. Program Schedule. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
The 2nd round of this short course took place between January 12th and February 23rd, 2023. The main focus of this course was on 'Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC).'
Course Materials:Module and Schedule. Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 Day 11 SIDP Day 12 SIDP
Course update on Voice and Participation will be available here once conducted.
This course is designed for public health professionals. This course will allow participants to:
- Describe key health equity concepts, differential between equality and equity e.g., equality is sameness and equity is fairness.
- Describe why health equity is important, and find data that illustrates the state of and trends in health inequities within country (Bangladesh) and between developing countries.
- Describe the pathways through which health inequities are created and persist; more specifically broader social, economic, political and legal factors influencing the health of marginalized populations in the country.
The 2nd phase of the short course on Equity in Accessing Healthcare Services has been conducted, Starting from March 1st to April 11th, 2023.
Course Materials:Course Module. Participants list Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 Day 11 SIDP Day 12 SIDP