On 4th April 2023 with the assistance of BHW, the district health rights youth forum and the district health rights forum SUS organized a sharing meeting with district hospital health authority in District Hospital Netrokona. The honourable superintendent and residential medical officer have participated with some senior nurses and other medical staff. The meeting was presided by DHRF president Professor Mr. Matindra Sarker. Through his inaugural speech, the meeting started and then the secretary of DHRYF Partho Sarker raised some specific demands to the authority.
They are as follows:
- Increase the standard of overall cleanliness.
- Deploy an eye specialist.
- Opening a separate ticket counter and arranging a waiting facility for pregnant women.
- Increase monitoring of the alertness and availability of nurses during the late night.
- Ensuring dress for all nurses and cleaners
- Preventing prescription checking by medical representatives from 9am to 1pm.
- Allowing DHRYF members for the quarterly survey.
After then the superintendent and the RMO gave their speech and mentioned their initiatives to improve the conditions of the hospital. They mentioned that already the separate ticket counter for women is opened but till shifting in the new hospital building it will be tough for them to arrange extended sitting arrangements for pregnant staff.
They also mentioned that the dress code of nurses will be checked frequently but they have a shortage of budget for providing adequate dresses for cleaners at that point DHRF can help them. And they will play an active role to prevent prescription checking by medical representatives in a strict manner. Also, they have requested to do advocacy to allocate an eye specialist for the hospital.
After their speech and open discussion session, the meeting ended with the ending speech of Professor Matindra Sarker.